250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Logistics department in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Logistics Assistant.
This position reports to the Logistics Manager and is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of all shipments to customer and the tracking and management of inter-company orders from a logistics standpoint.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Excel
· Ability to perform mathematical and written tasks as necessary to meet job tasks
· Requires high level of detail and accuracy
· Requires immediate response to questions and issues relating to freight and product delivery. Includes willingness to be available for calls and questions at night and weekends
· Ability to identify limitations and request assistance as necessary to obtain sales goals
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple requests on a daily basis
· Demonstrate ability to serve customer needs effectively and efficiently
· Demonstrate appropriate verbal and written communication skills to perform job tasks; this position requires frequent interface with many internal and external contacts
· Ability and willingness to learn
· Day-to-day responsible for scheduling, tracking, tracing, routing, and problem-solving shipments
· Provide shipment information and support for production in form of labels, truck manifests, load and dock sequences, etc.
· Approves box changes and sets DIM and actual weigh in system for calculation of freight rates and charges
· Supports product development and other Dümmen Orange areas with freight service and tracking to support special shipment of trial product to and from Dümmen Orange locations
· Other tasks as directed by management
Education and Qualifications:
· Volume and quality of work to Dümmen Orange standards
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Appropriate use of Dümmen Orange property and resources within authority
· Ability to work well with others and communicate appropriately
· Ability to perform job duties with a minimum of directionAbility to work as a team member to resolve immediate customer or production issues relating to safe, cost-effective, and timely delivery of product to our customers
· Work safely and promote safety within the department and Dümmen Orange
· Ability to work cooperatively with internal and external contacts. Ability to appropriately carry out multiple tasks, and work in an environment that may involve stressful situations
· College degree or equivalent
· Spanish language proficiency preferred, but not required
· 2 years experience in logistics and freight shipment scheduling, tracking and tracing is preferred
· · Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office
· Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.