250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
The Finance Controller position is responsible for managing the monthly close schedule, and ensuring all parties are meeting requirements for an accurate and timely financial close. Responsibilities include managing the daily accounting activities related to the general ledger, accurately prepare various financial statements and internal reports in a timely manner, and provide support to the head of finance control.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience in public accounting and or private industry, with 5 years in supervisory/management position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting.
- Current working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS (a plus).
- CPA required
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements, including consolidated financial statements.
- Proficient in use of Exact accounting and Navision software preferred – integrating data, fiscal, calendar year end system close.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels within the organization – staff to senior management.
- Self-motivated, able to work and manage time with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player – willing to accept additional responsibilities as required and on short notice.
- Growth oriented – looking to continuously take on new challenges and learn.
The Finance Controller duties and responsibilities encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger.
- Manage the activities of the Finance Department.
- Interfacing with departments to ensure timely and accurate flow of information into accounting.
- Manage cash flow
- Cash and liquidity management through cash flow planning and forecasting, including weekly reporting of all treasury activities to head of finance Control.
- Preparation, review, and control of journal entries and postings to the general Ledger.
- Monthly preparation and review of account reconciliations.
- Maintaining the monthly close schedule, ensuring all parties are meeting requirements for an accurate and timely financial close.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and internal financial reports.
- Review of financial statements and reports with head of finance control.
- Preparation and control of schedules and other information required by external auditors.
- Review bank account reconciliations prepared by the senior accountant.
- Review of monthly intercompany account reconciliations prepared by the senior accountant.
- Review and make recommendations on changes to the chart of accounts and cost center structure.
- Review and make recommendations on improving internal controls and month-end close processes.
- Detailed participation in the implementation/upgrades of any new accounting software systems.
- Support and contribute to projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Preparation of misc. state taxing/reporting requirements (property tax, annual returns, etc.)
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world's largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euros. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange's success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.