Regional Product Manager Specialty Annuals
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Product Management department in the US we are looking for a Regional Product Manager-Specialty annuals.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As a Regional Product Manager- Specialty Annuals you will lead and execute business objective-oriented multidisciplinary programs aimed at product category success by shepherding product innovation, maximizing profit margins and building market share.
Primary product owner in the region and messages throughout the company regionally and the customer/broker/retail network externally.
Provides indirect leadership to individuals, peers and teams while complying with company policies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and executing an actionable regional plan for assigned product categories based on the global product strategy (e.g. crop business plan)
• Execute annual regional plan, review and provide feedback on performance.
• Translate business to product (feature) requirements, incl. industry/market disruptions and innovations
• Contribute to go-to-market approaches and drive regional implementation
• Drive product innovation, launch (go-to) and portfolio management, and act as primary product owner for product category in region and externally
• Responsible for end-to-end regional market assessment.
• Participate in selected visits to market stakeholders (e.g. key accounts, brokers, distributors, agents, channel partners)
• Direct fit-to-ship trials, leverage targeted grower facilities and participate in fit-for-purpose trials
• Contribute to regional production, marketing and sales plan for assigned product categories
• Represent region in Product Team meetings
• Contribute to Global Strategy for assigned crop categories
• Degree in Horticulture, Plants Science, Business or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in greenhouse production, breeding or sales. Preferably young plants or floriculture
• Management Experience, experience in managing multi-country/-cultural teams, decision-making and short-term accomplishments orientation to drive the larger results
• Proficiency in English skills oral and written, additional languages (Dutch, German or Spanish) are an asset, excellent communication skills, mastering of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong networker and facilitator, tactical mid-term orientation, acts on market and technological developments building collaborative relationships with global breeding/technological expert and regional commercial lead, pro-active and guardian attitude towards PMC-files and approach, makes things happen and follows through in execution, team player, encourages professionalism
· The Regional Product Manager is a remote position and will require maintaining a home office.
· The position also requires substantial travel to growers and greenhouses and working in those conditions.
· Ability to safely lift and move computers and peripherals up to 35 pounds.
· Ability to safely lift computer paper and misc. supplies up to 35 pounds.
· Ability to sit in confined spaces for prolonged periods.
· Ability to do air travel on an as-needed basis.
Travel: As dictated by business needs, up to 50%.
Dümmen Orange has strong global ambitions. Innovation, technology, and quality are high priorities; this results in a challenging working environment to develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is essential.
The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to an extensive marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange's success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in its staff's health, safety, and personal development.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.