Bloomfield, NJ, USA
Logistics Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The goal of this position is to provide logistical support to the company by scheduling shipments of nursery stock, maintaining communication with customers, vendors, and trucking companies, and determining the total costs & charges associated with truckload shipments.
- Creating routings & schedule shipments for nursery trucking
- Creating routings & scheduling shipments for foliage trucking during the peak shipping season from Florida suppliers to the East and mid-west customer base.
- Review and update existing transportation and supply chain solutions as client business activities change and provide improvement recommendations for current or future transportation and logistical process.
- Maintains effective communication with internal and external parties through a high volume of e-mails, phone calls and in-person interaction.
- Creates invoices to be processed for billing purposes.
- Resolve Shipment Challenges
- Run reports needed by finance and management for tracking of freight expenses.
- Develop shipping strategies with sales operations
- Manage logistics projects that will allow the company to improve upon our freight needs.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Horticulture or related field.
- The individual must have extensive Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook experience. Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must in order to fill this position.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
- Must possess the aptitude to plan, organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- High capacity for abstract and analytical thinking
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
McHutchison & Vaughan's
McHutchison and Vaughan's is part of a global organization, Dümmen Orange which has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We offer a wide array of competitive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, life insurance, critical illness, accident, legal and ID shield and hospital indemnity.
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance through Aflac
- Professional Development
The position is classified as Full-Time Exempt position and upon completion of the Introduction Period; the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dümmen NA, Inc. reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the Employee Handbook at any time and without notice.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.