Head of Human Resources
250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world's largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Human Resources department in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Human Resources Coordinator.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Head of HR America you are responsible for all human resource functions within the organization including but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training and development, payroll, compensation and benefits, policies and procedures, workers compensation, HRIS, and employee relations. This role is responsible for leading the US HR team and the coordination with the regional HR teams in Central and Latin America. The manager pro-actively acts to assure compliance with government regulations and statutes in the areas of employment and is responsible for overseeing the maintenance, update and continuous improvement of all human resources systems and processes.
The Head of HR reports into the CHRO, with a dotted line to the Regional Director America. This role is part of the Global HR Leadership Team and the NALT (North America Leadership Team).
This role has 3 direct reports in the US and dotted line reports in Central and Latam America HR Managers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Head of HR duties and responsibilities for the US encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Human Resource Planning:
1. Align the Human Resource Department with the organization:
- Participate in strategic planning process.
- Determine role of HR in achieving organization's goals.
- Set HR goals in alignment with organizational goals.
- Monitor progress, make adjustments and report results of HR goals.
- Determine future company needs in alignment with the organization's strategic plan and annual business plan (forecast staffing needs, training needs and other needs on an annual basis).
- Determine HR programs, activities and timelines on annual basis.
- Create detailed HR annual calendar based on business needs.
- Prepare annual Human Resources Budget.
B. Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Ensure Managerial & Expert job posting are created and posted for open positions within all company locations.
- Monitoring of recruitment status.
- Strategic partner with department manager in candidate selection and compensation offer.
- Ensure team is completing background checks and reference checks as needed.
- Ensure team is completing onboarding paperwork and coordinate technical and finance needs based on position.
- Ensure onboarding for new team members is running as needed.
C. Performance Management:
- Manage annual completion compliance of employee performance reviews by managers.
- Create employee engagement environment that promotes positive feedback and open communication.
- Ensure termination process paperwork and exit interviews are completed.
D. Training and Development:
- Conduct organizational analysis of training needs.
- Determine with department managers training objectives and develop training needs based on values and future goals of departments.
- Develop trainings around business objectives and potential areas for growth.
- Ensure fair and competitive pay for all employees.
- Analyze compensation salary surveys and make recommendations to the executive leadership.
- Manage the activities relating to the company payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate).
- Manage 401k plan with vendors including non-discrimination testing and audit.
G. Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain, update, change (as law requires) policies and procedures and employee handbook.
- Document and communicate policies and changes to all employees.
H. Legal Compliance:
- Responsible for compliance to all legal and regulatory mandates.
- Responsible for pro-actively finding out all new laws that impact employment practices, analyze company impact and make recommendations for changes and implement changes.
I. Employee Relations:
- Inform/coach employees on any matter related to their employment.
- Mediate employee-manager disputes before they become grievances.
- Advise managers on performance improvement plans and resolving employee relations situations within their team.
- Visit employee site locations on an as needed basis.
J. Employee Benefits:
- Ensure compliance of benefit enrollments through benefits portal and all carriers in conjunction with insurance broker.
- Maintain overall communication with benefits broker.
- Develop new benefits options and coordinate benefit presentations for annual open enrollment.
- Liaison with broker and employee benefit communications as needed.
K. Regional Coordination:
- Actively participate the design and delivery of global HR initiatives.
- Provides regional insights to support the implementation of global processes and guidelines.
- Ensures all topics related to global HR initiatives are transparent to the regional HR Managers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Pro-actively reaches out to address inconsistencies and drives towards a regional approach in HR processes aligned with the global direction.
- Regularly facilitates regional HR Manager meeting.
- Regular meetings with regional leaders to understand the local needs and issues, and be able to provide support from a regional/global perspective.
- 5+ years' experience as a Human Resource Manager in an international environment
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Good computer skills
- HR experience with: Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Training and Development.
- 2+ years' experience leading a HR team
- Ability to travel globally
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
- Hybrid Work Model*
- 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
- Dental Coverage
- Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time off
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of employment)
Dümmen Orange is the world's largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange's success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.