Assistant Vendor Program Manager
Naperville, IL, USA
As one of the industry faces for McHutchison & Vaughan's, this position demands complete professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical standards while affording you a high degree of creativity, ingenuity and cross-functional collaboration. Your role will involve deploying and implementing innovative sales strategies and programs, while ensuring operational efficiency and profitability for both McHutchison & Vaughan's and our customers.
Vendor management supports the current efforts of our sales teams, but it also serves as a vital source for innovation driving sales growth. This candidate will effectively coordinate, communicate, and work across multiple channels including sales, IT, operations, & finance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Collaborate with sales management and the sales team to onboard new vendors
and implement growth strategies, focusing on key vendors and targeted programs.
• Utilize data analytics to establish and maintain a vendor classification structure
based on historical sales and other quantitative or qualitative measures.
• Work in partnership with the IT department to maintain and design relevant vendor
sales reports, including reports to track specific sales initiatives.
• Review customer claims and engage in claim resolution, primarily for large claims
involving assigned vendors.
• Support sales efforts by distributing sales, specials, promotions, and other relevant
• Collaborate with the price page team to receive and process programs, as well as
execute them during peak program seasons.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• Previous experience in product/vendor management, sales, or purchasing in the
horticulture industry is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead, influence,
and empower others.
• Willingness to travel up to 10% and work a flexible schedule.
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Intermediate to
advanced skills in Excel are necessary.
• Intermediate skills in business intelligence, data extraction and manipulation are:
• This position is based in either our Naperville, IL, or Bloomfield, NJ offices. Remote
work may be considered, subject to approval.
McHutchison and Vaughan's is part of a global organization, Dümmen Orange which has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
• 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
• Dental Coverage
• Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance
• Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Time off
• 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation
deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of
• Eligible to participate in our Short Term Incentive (STI) program