Accounts Receivable Specialist
250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Accounting Department in Columbus, OH we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist works in the Accounting department to provide administrative and bookkeeping support. They are in charge of managing all communications and collections relating to invoices and past due accounts. The Accounts Receivable Specialist processes payments, enters related information into the Accounting system, and creates Accounts Receivable and sales analysis.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Collect payment from customers and accurately record it into the accounting system
- Communicate with customers to request payment and arrange payment plans\
- Work with Sales and Management teams on customer accounts
- Maintain Accounting databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
- Perform credit checks and initiate new customer setup
- Monitor and release orders based on customer account status and payment plan
- Create bi-weekly Accounts Receivable aging reports
- Accounts Receivable adjustments
- Prepares bank deposits (physical/scanned) and distributes summary
- Post check and ACH payments
- Maintains Accounts Receivable system
- Serves as backup for other roles within the Accounts Receivable department
- Other Accounting and office duties as requested.
- 3+ years Accounts Receivable and general office experience
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting concepts (GAAP)
- Intermediate knowledge of Accounting software
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working experience with Microsoft Navision (a plus)
- Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
- Hybrid Work Model*
- 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
- Dental Coverage
- Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time off
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of employment)
- Parking Pass for Parking Garage attached to our Building
- Free use of nice Residential gym on 12th floor
- Access to Rooftop Community Area
- Free yearly COTA Bus pass
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 390 million euro. The company employs over 7,500 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.