Vendor Program Manager
40 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
As one of the industry faces for McHutchison & Vaughan’s, this position demands complete professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical standards while affording you a high degree of creativity, ingenuity and cross-functional collaboration. You must be able to balance developing and deploying programs and strategies that will create innovative, effective, and exciting sales opportunities for our sales team with operational fortitude, ensuring that your programs are well-designed for operational execution and growth in profitability for McHutchison & Vaughan’s and for our customers.
Vendor management supports the current efforts of our sales teams, but it also serves as a vital source for innovation driving sales growth. This candidate will effectively coordinate, communicate, and work across multiple channels including sales, marketing, operations, logistics, & finance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Grow sales margin revenue for assigned vendors to meet or exceed sales plan
- Collaborate creatively among sales management, sales team & vendors to facilitate market-leading solutions
- Establish themselves as the point person and expert for assigned vendors and programs with the McHutchison & Vaughan’s sales team
- Manage the relationship for McHutchison & Vaughan’s with assigned vendors
- Work with sales management and sales team to develop and implement growth strategies with key vendors and targeted programs
- Create targeted marketing campaigns to promote new sales opportunities
- Develop marketing support tools and training, and coordinate communications for sales initiatives
- Execute an annual line review and sales plan
- Travel to key vendors to build and maintain relationships
- Oversee the setting of pricing and margin for assigned programs
- Organize regional program and vendor training with the sales team
- Coordinate vendor CAST training
- Collaborate with IT to maintain and design relevant vendor sales reports including reports to track specific sales initiatives
- Review customer claims & involvement in claim resolution (large claims only)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Previous work experience in product/vendor management, sales or purchasing in horticulture
- Professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, influence and empower others
- This position requires the ability to travel and work a flexible schedule. 10-15% travel estimated
- Basic technology skills in MS Word, PP and Outlook are required; Intermediate technology skills in Excel required
- Position is based in our Naperville, IL office, but remote location could be possible
McHutchison and Vaughan’s is part of a global organization, Dümmen Orange which has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We offer a wide array of competitive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, life insurance, critical illness, accident, legal and ID shield and hospital indemnity.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: The position is classified as Full-Time position and upon completion of the Introduction Period; the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dümmen NA, Inc. reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the Employee Handbook at any time and without notice.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT: The relationship between Dümmen NA, Inc. and the employee is for an unspecified term and is considered “at will.” This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed, with or without cause and with or without notice, including , but not limited to termination, demotion, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and duties. No one other than the President and/or CEO of Dümmen NA, Inc. has the authority to make any verbal or written agreement contrary to this provision and any such agreement must be put in writing and signed by the Owner before it is effective.