250 South High Street, Columbus, OH, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Product Team in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Trial Coordinator.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Trial Coordinator is responsible for the trial life cycle coordination from beginning to end. Including but not limited to: budgeting, goals, displays, protocol, coordination with the growers, quality control, data analysis, and generating content for marketing.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing a yearly trial budget that supports the needs of sales, product managers, and marketing.
- Responsible to calendarize all trials in a shared format for programming orders and setting priorities
- Responsible to identify and document trial goals and process requirements with the trial requestor
- Primary contact to the trial coordinator at the location where trial is realized.
- Primary contact to the grower of the trial.
- Responsible for fulfillment and quality of liners and finished plants for trials and display
- Responsible to organize the packing, shipping and delivery logistics of the trial material.
- Schedules and oversees URC orders for trial set up. Orders to be input by Customer Service.
- Responsible to verify the complete and on time receipt of product at grow location.
- Communicate the trial protocol with internal/external customer prior to trial initiation
- Visit trial locations to check schedules and advise during the trial process.
- Verify the trial protocol is followed throughout all stages of trial.
- Responsible to establish data collection form for evaluating trials
- Responsible in collaboration with the trial requestor to collect data and photography during and on completion of trial
- Participates in the Product Team as needed to report on trial data and status of ongoing trials.
- Maintains and organize trial data using Plantscout software and Excel.
- Provide written reports of relevant trial data to the Product Teams for both existing and new varieties
- Maintain trial photography in the photography database (Cumulus)
- Responsible for collecting market information and sharing it with the Product and Marketing teams
- Participate in organizing and execution of Customer Facing retail trials (Cultivate & Spring Flower Trials)
- Develop communication initiatives to leverage trial results data via social media
- Prepare technical marketing materials including culture presentations, webinars and related materials
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture, Agriculture or related field OR Equivalent trained grower with minimum of 3 years of work experience in the horticulture industry- preferably breeding, growing or retail.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
- Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel;
- Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.