40 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
As an industry leading broker, McHutchison & Vaughan’s drives customer value by sourcing and servicing all of its customer’s horticultural needs under the Dümmen Orange family of companies. We represent the best breeders and top vendors both domestically and internationally to create a portfolio of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. For our Naperville, IL office we are looking for an Operations Director.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Operations Director you will focus on creating competitive operational advantages and delivering internal/external customer value through instilling an operational excellence mindset. The ambition is to drive continuous improvement within and throughout our organization. Along with functional responsibilities, this role will also be a member of our McHutchison & Vaughan’s Leadership Team.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Functional team ownership: Billing team, Logistics team
- Reporting: Billing Manager & Logistics team; shared dotted line to Business Analyst with IT
- Member of the McHutchison and Vaughan’s Leadership Team
- Attendance at monthly McHutchison & Vaughan’s Leadership Team meetings
- Potential visits to customers and/or vendors to drive integration of B2B/B2C connections
- Attendance at select industry events
- Operational Excellence/ Continuous improvement
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement in McHutchison & Vaughan’s
- Using a collaborative approach with the functional owners/leads: reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures
- Functional areas: AP/AR, Billing, Claims, Confirmations, Customer Service, Logistics, Price Pages, Sales Management, Vendor Management
- Reviews current SOPs, desired outcomes & value creation
- Question: “What was the original intent, is it still necessary, can we improve?”
- Co-develops policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Co-establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluates if new technologies or digital solutions are needed
- IT –McHutchison & Vaughan’s ‘commercial owner/driver’
- Establishing themselves as the point person & driver for all IT development for McHutchison & Vaughan’s
- Owning the prioritization of IT development projects; align with functional owners/leads
- Working with IT Director and Business Analyst to ensure that IT development is achieving delivery targets
- Growing the quantity of business we are connected with via digital integrations (B2B/B2C)
- Vendor EDI connections
- Customer EDI connections
- Establishing themselves as a ‘Power User’ for our ERP and web shop
- Collaborating with IT, Marketing & Sales for the development of the web shop capabilities
- Attending weekly IT update meetings for ERP & EDI development
Functional team owner
- Working with Billing Manger to ensure that weekly/monthly billing targets are achieved: timeliness & accuracy
- Assisting Billing Manager in the hiring of new Billers; advocating for team
- Supervising the logistics team: 3 Logistics Coordinators
- Leading bi-weekly logistics meetings: Logistics Coordinators & Vendor Program Managers
- Ensuring that daily/weekly logistic tasks & responsibilities are completed on time
- Coordinating with Vendor Management Director the shifting of seasonal logistics resources/focus between product line segments
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills for process improvements
- Strong understanding of the commercial use of ERP, EDI, Web Shop
- Five or more years of experience managing a team and operations controls within the business
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with colleagues at all levels
- Good at problem-solving and communication
- Strong writing skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Previous work experience in horticulture is beneficial but not necessary
- Previous work experience in NAVISION /Business Central is beneficial but not necessary
- Previous work experience in a big five consulting firm is beneficial but not necessary
- PMP is beneficial but not necessary
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
McHutchison and Vaughan’s is part of a global organization, Dümmen Orange which has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
- 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
- Dental Coverage
- Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time off
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of employment)
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.