Northeast Sales Manager
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Northeast Sales Manager you will determine market size, identify and evaluate SMART objectives per market, propose targets and align with product management and sales director. In doing so you will strengthen relationships with customers, brokers and your team in a consultative manner. The Sales Manager will be responsible for financial, administrative and sales decisions within the territory setting annual targets for the sales forecast. The successful professional will constantly be identifying possible market opportunities for new products or technical opportunities for growth.
Candidate must live in the Northeast Region
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Sale's Manager's duties and responsibilities encompass but are not limited to the
following key objectives:
Key Account Support
- Coordinate customer support effort with marketing, product management, logistics, customer service and technical service groups.
- Maintain current reports on each customer account.
- Facilitate new product and culture trials.
General Sales & Broker Support
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current broker and grower customers in the assigned territory segment.
- Develop clear and effective strategies for current and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer challenges.
- Promote product portfolio and increase sales to build Dummen brand in the industry.
- Annually compile sales results and assign appropriate A, B, C, D customer levels.
- Attend regular meeting with departments to stay current on new resources available to key accounts.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with regional retail managers in the territory.
- Support training at broker offices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the horticulture industry required.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to determine solutions for customers
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite applications and contact management software.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours if needed.
- 50%+ travel within specified geographic territory.
- Maintain a home office
Works indoors throughout shift in temperature-controlled, clean and well-lighted office.
- Ability to safely lift and move computers and peripherals up to 35 pounds
- Ability to safely lift computer paper and misc supplies up to 35 pounds
- Ability to sit in confined spaces for prolonged periods
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.