National Sales Manager
40 Shuman Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
As an industry leading broker, McHutchison & Vaughan’s drives customer value by sourcing and servicing all of its customer’s horticultural needs under the Dümmen Orange family of companies. We represent the best breeders and top vendors both domestically and internationally to create a portfolio of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. For our business we are looking for a National Sales Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As National Sales Manager you are a key industry representative for McHutchison & Vaughan’s, this position demands complete professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical standards. This senior-level role drives our overall sales strategy, supports the current efforts of our sales teams, serves as a vital role for developing our sales representatives and provides leadership and development for the Regional Sales Managers.
- Leadership and coordination of the Regional Sales Managers & Key Account Sales Team
- Develop and implement Key Account and regional sales & marketing strategies to meet or exceed our sales plan.
- Collaborate and drive success for the organization via cross functional coordination
- Lead our presence at targeted retailers and key industry events
- Monitor and analyze sales & marketing activities against goals, and provide leadership for our management team all in light of our financial goals and performance.
- Creation of annual sales budgets
- Sales Management
- Lead the sales management team in the creation and execution of annual sales strategies & budgets
- Manage Regional Sales Managers
- Collaborate with MCHV Vendor Program Managers to ensure development and deployment of sales strategies to meet & exceed MCHV sales goals
- Meeting, training and trip coordination as required
- Sales report development and distribution
- Advocate for sales team and customers on IT Steering Committee Key Account Sales Team Management/Development
- Develop and execute multi-year Key Account program strategies to ensure sustainable growth
- Work with Key Account and Hybrid sales reps to drive the growth of with their assigned customers
- Customer strategies
- Pricing/margin strategies
- Sampling/trialing programs
- Lead Key Account team sales calls & meetings
- Recruit new and replace retiring Key Account & Hybrid sales representatives
- On board, monitor and measure new Key Account sales representatives
- Coach/mentor and provide feedback to underperforming Key Account reps
- Assess performance and suggestive corrective actions
- Advocate for Key Account team to ensure proper support & service are provided by our office team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years in a sales capacity in the horticulture industry preferred
- Minimum 5 years sales leadership or comparable experience preferred
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve goals Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- This position requires the ability to travel and work a flexible schedule. 30- 40% travel estimated Basic technology skills in MS Word, Excel, PP and Outlook are required
- Position ideally would be based in our Naperville, IL office, but a remote office will be considered
McHutchison & Vaughan's
McHutchison and Vaughan's is part of a global organization, Dümmen Orange which has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We offer a wide array of competitive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, life insurance, critical illness, accident, legal and ID shield and hospital indemnity.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance through Aflac
- Professional Development
JOB CLASSIFICATION: The position is classified as Full-Time Exempt position and upon completion of the Introduction Period; the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dümmen NA, Inc. reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the Employee Handbook at any time and without notice.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.