Mid Atlantic Sales Manager
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Sales team we are looking for a Mid Atlantic Sales Manager.
Role can be located remotely in any of the following states: North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Mid Atlantic Sales Manager will determine market size, identify and evaluate SMART objectives per market, propose targets and align with product management and sales director. In doing so you will strengthen relationships with customers, brokers and your team in a consultative manner. The Sales Manager will be responsible for financial, administrative and sales decisions within the territory setting annual targets for the sales forecast. The successful professional will constantly be identifying possible market opportunities for new products or technical opportunities for growth.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Create and implement plans and sales strategies for the territory to deliver on the company’s budget targets.
- Prepare an annual sale, forecast plan and budget
- Educate key customers and broker representatives on Dummen Orange Products
- Coordinate with Product Management regarding the different markets and needs.
- Achieve optimal progress in sales and marketing process in conjunction with other business processes
- Reach quality objectives, assisting and advising partners where needed.
- Participate in key industry events promoting the product line
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Dummen Orange employees, customers (brokers, growers, retailers) – coaching, motivating and inspiring them to succeed.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets in achieving set objectives and goals
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the horticulture industry; preferred background with brokers, breeders, growers, floriculture crops, growing and/or trialing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science, agriculture, business or the equivalent in experience.
- Ability to understand strengths and weaknesses of products compared to competitor products in sales situations. Must trouble shoot with customers as needed.
- Comprehensive understanding of the North American professional horticulture market and willingness to learn global markets related to product portfolio.
- Desire for long term career advancement.
- Exceptional communication, organization and analytical skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Ability to work independently, but willing and able to have a strong team orientation.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to pass driving record background check. Federal regulations from the DOT cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as background check, drug test and physical.
- Minimum 60% of time comprised of both day and overnight trips.
- Potential for international travel in support of international accounts.
- Ability to safely lift and move computers and peripherals up to 35 pounds
- Ability to safely lift computer paper and misc supplies up to 35 pounds
- Ability to sit in confined spaces for prolonged periods
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.