Delta Orchid Sales Manager
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Dümmen Orange Delta division in North America, we are looking for an Orchid Sales Manager.
This full time, exempt, and at-will position reports to the Dümmen Orange Delta Sales Director and is responsible for the assigned territory of North America. The assigned territory is subject to change based on business needs. The incumbent’s primary focus is on an assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales/revenues of Phalaenopsis/Anthurium to meet corporate objectives. The focus is on expanding the team as the orchid business flourishes with goals to grow year-over-year.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Work with the orchids/anthurium sales team to increase customer contact and intimacy
- Focus year one on execution of spiked orchid program executed at Oxnard, CA facility
- Coordinate with product management regarding evolving markets and requirements
- Participate in training sessions in Taiwan and Europe to build a strong understanding of the Phalaenopsis/Anthurium categories
- Participate in key industry events (e.g. TPIE)
- Coordinate with other tropical sales managers to cross sell and create synergies across entire company to maximize sales opportunities
- Transition after training and learning the market to Orchid/Anthurium Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the horticulture industry required
- Experience in the Orchid market is preferred
- Sales position that will require finding and developing new opportunities, self-sufficient in day-to-day activities responsible for executing a territory plan
- Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to work non-traditional hours if needed
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
- Potential travel up to 50%
- Potential to maintain a home office
- Some lifting and moving of product
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.