Customer Service Manager
Naperville, IL, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture Brokerage Division we are looking for a Customer Service Manager in Naperville, IL.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Customer Service Manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The goal is to provide outstanding customer service to our grower/vendors by developing effect customer service procedures and customer satisfaction goals. Proven experience working in a customer service position; horticulture industry experience is a plus. The incumbent must be an excellent communicator (written & verbal) and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Supervise day-to-day operations in the customer service department.
· Respond to customer service issue in a timely manner.
· Work with Sales Representatives and customers to ensure we are meeting their expectations.
· Create effective customer service procedures, policies and standards
· Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a steady basis
· Maintain accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions
· Assess service statistics and prepare report findings.
· Hire and train new customer service staff
· Manage the approved budget of the customer service department
· Stay informed on the latest horticultural industry techniques and methods.
· Participate in special projects as requested
· Assist in coordinating cross functional coverage with other managers / supervisors to meet the full needs of the business.
· This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Horticulture or related field
· The individual must have extensive Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook experience. Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must in order to fill this position.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Good understanding of management practices and techniques
· Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
· Travel up to 10%
· Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office.
· Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies.