Customer Service Manager
250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Customer Service department in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Customer Service Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Customer Service Manager position is responsible for daily coordination of the customer service (CS) and short term planning (STP) teams to include coaching, training, and problem solving. Additionally, the position is responsible for staffing requirements, and development and implementation of training and reward/recognition programs within the department, in coordination with the BU Managing Director. Finally, the position is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our broker partners’ offices and key accounts, in coordination with the National Sales Directors.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Operate as the lead point of contact between the CS and STP teams, and the BU Managing Director for matters specific to the CS and STP teams.
· Represent CS and STP teams on routine BU cross functional meetings.
· Manage work schedule of CS and STP teams.
· Manage staffing requirements of CS and STP teams.
· Perform bi-annual reviews and performance improvement plans for CS and STP teams.
· Ensure employees have appropriate training and resources to perform their jobs.
· Develop and maintain a standard of excellence in service, in regards to customer relations and interdepartmental affairs.
· Work as a member/leader of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement as assigned by the BU Managing Director.
· Identify system and workflow improvements to enhance the team's efficiency.
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and objectives.
· Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to BU Managing Director.
· Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
· Support training initiatives with team on product knowledge.
· Effective use of ERP programs and other business systems.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in account management in a customer service position managing a team required
· Horticulture or floriculture experience preferred, but not necessary
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
· Team building and development experience preferred
· Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
· Excellent listening and negotiation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Computer literate with experience in enterprise order entry and tracking
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Some travel required.
· Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office.
· Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.