Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Finance department in Columbus, OH, we are looking for an Assistant Controller.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
Reporting to Finance Controller, the Assistant Controller will be a key contributor in building a dynamic accounting and finance organization dedicated to financial integrity and focused on supporting our growth strategy. Responsible for the accounting controls support of Dümmen Orange operating companies in North and Central America.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Support most aspects of accounting management (internal controls, month end process, reporting etc.)
· Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with accounting standard and established best practices
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
· Manage journal entries, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
· Participate in preparation for the annual audit
· Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
· Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
· Support post-merger integrations
· Ad-hoc financial functions and other duties as assigned.
· Proven experience as an Assistant Controller or other similar position
· +5 years working experience and knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· International corporate experience is a plus
· Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP, QuickBooks)
· Adept at compliance requirements and reporting
· Proven organizational capacity
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines
· Pro-active, solutions driven and able to drive improvements in financial processes, systems and reporting.
· BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
· Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
- As dictated by business needs.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: The position is classified as Full-Time Exempt position and upon completion of the Introduction Period; the employee is eligible for the Employee Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dümmen NA, Inc. reserves the right to amend, change or discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the Employee Handbook at any time and without notice.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT: The relationship between Dümmen NA, Inc. and the employee is for an unspecified term and is considered “at will.” This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed, with or without cause and with or without notice, including , but not limited to termination, demotion, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and duties. No one other than the President and/or CEO of Dümmen NA, Inc. has the authority to make any verbal or written agreement contrary to this provision and any such agreement must be put in writing and signed by the Owner before it is effective.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
- Hybrid Work Model
- 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
- Dental Coverage
- Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time off
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of employment)
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year