Accounts Payable Specialist
250 S High St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Accounting Department in Columbus, OH we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing all vendor invoices and payments for the company. Tasks include data entry into internal and external systems, creating spreadsheets, vendor account reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations. Support Accounting/Finance department with ad-hoc functions.
Ultimately, you will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The Accounts Payable Specialist duties and responsibilities encompass but are not limited to the following:
- Completes and ensures the timely delivery and accurate processing for Dümmen NA vendors.
- Adheres to month end deadlines through proper execution of all accounts payable functions and ensures timely processing of expense related documents to capture in current period.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/yearly vendor account reconciliations.
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely response to requests for assistance from end users.
- Perform any other necessary duties.
- Associate degree with accounting/accounts payable concentration preferred.
- Communicate clearly and courteously with employees and vendor/professional contacts
- 2+ years of related experience
- Attention to detail
- Work productively with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office.
- Ability to safely life and move computers or peripherals up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to safely lift computer paper and misc. supplies up to 35 pounds.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
- Hybrid Work Model*
- 3 medical plan offerings through national provider
- Dental Coverage
- Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance Employee Assistance Program
- Critical Illness, Accidental, and Hospital plans
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Time off
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan (100% Match of the first 3% in eligible compensation deferred and 50% of the next 2% in eligible compensation deferred after 90 days of employment)
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time