IT Application Management Analyst
Columbus, OH, United States
Dümmen Orange™ is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, potted plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. The Columbus office is selling more than 6000 products, coming from 10+ farms. They’re sold directly to growers or indirectly via brokers and serviced in order handling, product information updates, planning and logistics. For our IT department in Columbus, Ohio we are looking for an IT Application Management Analyst.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As IT Application Management Analyst you will work in close cooperation with our IT expert team in Germany and the IT department in the Netherlands. The Analyst also performs IT coordination tasks like application implementation and other small projects for our five North American locations.
Key responsibilities are:
- IT application management support - support our supply chain and sales activities by managing/maintaining the IT applications and data exchange to our customers and headquarters.
- IT application management improvements - translate business needs into technical and functional change requests or requirements for a new system. Advise on new applications steered by headquarters in The Netherlands.
- IT application management communication - serve as key point of contact for the U.S.
- IT coordination and project lead - perform as lead for our five North American locations.
A two-week training in Germany is part of the orientation program for this position.
Your essential functions include:
IT application management support:
- Support/Problem solving coordination: understand business needs, problems and priorities and translate this into IT application level problems for the IT specialists in Germany. Discuss/coordinate/schedule how to fix the problem (workaround, short term fix, long term fix, change request to 3rd party developer). Coordinate what needs to be done and by whom.
- Key focus in this is supporting order handling and product information exchange handled by the Customer Service department. Analyze received orders and/or interaction together with customers’ and brokers’ IT contacts and with the German Expert team, build or check product info data uploads/downloads.
- Support/Problem solving yourself: Give functional support describing and supporting manual data imports / exports; work procedures and analyze/fix problems yourself when possible.
- Aspects like:
- Functional data analysis (MasterData), like:
- Troubleshoot on supply-chain applications: order processing, ship notifications, invoicing, and catalog information.
- “Is the product information and availability per week updated?”
- “Did we receive the order information from the brokers correctly?”
- Technical analysis
- Troubleshoot imported/exported bulk data files like CSV or XML files: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Business to Business (B2B) data mapping.
- Troubleshoot in the ERP application (query direct into the database).
- Leads on HTTP or Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) communications.
- Structuring data, including:
- Review functional information for products and customers.
- Perform reporting.
- Perform Quality Assurance assignments.
- Functional data analysis (MasterData), like:
- Conduct tests of own work and leads on test coordination.
- Monitors and troubleshoots ERP application servers and escalates problems if needed.
- Maintains the Application Log, EDI Queue, and emailed Alerts Monitoring.
- Fields incoming help requests from business users via email, ticketing system, and telephone in a timely, courteous manner.
IT application management improvements:
- Support potential business improvements by translating business needs into technical and functional change requests or requirements for a new system.
- Design improvements to the ERP system with the German/Dutch IT and business teams.
- Discuss new IT applications and upgrades.
- B2B implementations, testing, and troubleshooting.
IT application management communication:
- Lead on IT stakeholder management – interact with and advise the business department on best solutions. Discuss the results with Headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Communication functional level to users; technical/translate to technical to IT colleagues in Germany and to providers.
- Streamline and communicate IT-related policies and procedures.
IT coordination and project lead over 5 North American offices:
- Monitors the IT application inventory over the 5 locations.
- Project lead in roll out and implementation of new applications.
- Lead and coordinate 3rd party IT support over multiple offices.
- Coordinate/discuss application migrations to a new external Datacenter, together with the IT team in New Jersey.
*Note: the workload is approximately 50% IT Application Management support and improvements and 50% IT Application management communication and IT Coordination/project lead.
- At least 3 years of recent, relevant, and demonstrated experience in software implementations.
- Strong analytic skills in complex information systems processes.
- Strong communication skills to extract business requests and translate these into IT requirements.
- Strong organizational and IT project lead skills.
- High quality standards in supporting information systems and solving problems for users.
- Recently demonstrated data driven analytics (Oracle SQL) and data-driven support work.
- EDI, Web Services, XML setup work experience.
- Experience in horticulture, agriculture, or agribusiness, especially related to the greenhouse planning/scheduling, is preferred.
- German language skills would be very helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences or related field is required. A degree in IT Analytics, applications, or project coordination is preferred.
Dümmen Orange™ has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology, and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange™ offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We follow the CBA and all the regulations described therein.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits to our benefits-eligible employees.
Working conditions include:
- Travel (approximately 10% of year) to North American locations as well as to Germany and The Netherlands.
- Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office.
- Frequently conducts remote IT support and troubleshooting by phone, email, and online meeting platforms.
- Coordinates work across multiple international and domestic time zones effectively.
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies.
Dümmen Orange™ is worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around $440 million. We have more than 7,700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our success is a broad and deep product range supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
To apply, please submit your full resume/CV AND the completed application form via this link: ADP module
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Christine Herridge, Human Resources Manager at Jobs.US@DummenOrange.com
Solicitations by recruiting firms with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.