HR & Administrative Assistant
Encinitas, CA, United States
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager for North America and assists the California-based Farm Manager. The incumbent is responsible for performing assigned human resources and administrative tasks, such as drafting onboarding and off-boarding documentation and personnel action notices; and coordinating travel, meetings, interviews, trainings, obtaining supplies, maintaining office organization, coordinating domestic and international travel and working with highly sensitive and confidential information. The work day for this position begins at 8:00 am and ends at 5 pm.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in an office environment and relevant experience in human resources administrative support in the State of California
- Bi-lingual communication – both written and spoken – in English and Spanish is required.
- Computer Proficiency, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with travel scheduling.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to confidential matters required
The California-based Human Resources & Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities vary during the calendar year from Peak Harvest Season recruitment and related efforts for temporary workers (mid-April through mid-July), to yearly open enrollment for health benefits starting October 1st and the yearly performance review process (mid-November through early December). Thus, the incumbent – under the direction of the Human Resources Manager for North America - performs human resources support duties which include but are not limited to:
- Draft and update job descriptions
- Schedule the California team’s yearly performance review and goal setting meetings
- Collect and review new hire enrollment documentation for benefits-eligible employees
- Answer staff questions about benefits – such as health, 401K, PTO and other leave categories
- Conduct recruiting, coordinate candidate vetting and complete onboarding for new hires.
- Draft staffing change forms (status adjustment, rate changes, benefits applications, termination, out-processing) and submit required paperwork to HR and Payroll in Ohio for timely processing.
- Track the referral bonus program for California employees.
- Schedule position-specific new hire training for harvesters and general labor
- Track staff completion of assigned, position-specific compliance training
- Attend and complete company-assigned, position-specific training to ensure compliance in the performance of the assigned human resources coordination duties and facilitate compliant work sites in the State of California.
- Translate into Spanish from English (work-related documents such as employee handbook, and emergency response plan).
- Draft paperwork for staff termination and assigned off-boarding duties and responsibilities
- Immediately report worker injuries, offer first aid on site and medical treatment at nearby health center – draft all corresponding workers compensation, OSHA and related documentation, procedures and requirements.
- Address employee questions and needs.
- Promote our wellness program.
- Scout and follow up on safety action items – remind staff to:
- Identify and address slip, trip and other hazards immediately each day.
- Have position-specific safety gear and training for the work assigned
- Complete early morning warm-up exercises
Administrative duties include:
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls, catering and travel for visitors, directors, and managers.
- Prepares and submits expense reports
- Serves as a liaison with outside agencies in fielding general questions and coordinating correspondence and meetings with such agencies.
- Sorts and distributes the mail and coordinates responses to specific items for managing team.
- Works independently and/or as the project manager for special department projects to include planning, presentations, and coordinating information.
- Answers phones and routes messages, fielding routine and non-routine general and industry questions.
- Maintains department records, manuals, contact lists, etc.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Coordinates materials for meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains and manages office supplies inventory.
- Work-related errands as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, business administration or equivalent field of study preferred but not required
- HR certification for the State of California or California Certificates for HR responsibilities preferred such as:
- California Manager Sexual Harassment Certificate
- OSHA 8 hour Certificate
- Basic first aid training
We encourage qualified candidates who are currently authorized to work in the United States to submit their CV and completed application directly to Jobs.US@DummenOrange.com. The applicants who best fit our requirements will be contacted by a Dümmen Orange, North America representative. Thank you for your interest in Dümmen Orange