Technical Support Specialist
250 South High Street, Columbus, OH, USA
Dümmen Orange™ is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, potted plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. The Columbus office is selling more than 6000 products, coming from 10+ farms. They’re sold directly to growers or indirectly via brokers and serviced in order handling, product information updates, planning and logistics. For our Technical Department in North America, we are looking for a Technical Support Specialist.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As a Technical Support Specialist, you will serve as a technical expert to provide remote digital and collateral support on crop culture and production.
Your essential functions include:
- Manage the Technical Services email account and respond to inquiries within 24 hours
- Support grower and broker accounts and assist in resolving specific technical challenges.
- Support off-shore farms in technical support and practices
- Conduct quarterly educational webinars for grower and broker customers on new or updated technical practices in all crop categories
- Responsible for generating and verifying technical guide content
- Stay current on university, trade, and internal research being conducted and keep teams informed accordingly
- Communicate/share information internally/externally
- Compile data from pre-intro trials and develop Culture Decks and Grower Guides
- To farms on cutting quality & issues and centralize reports back to field sales and customer service teams
- To rooting station partners on farm quality updates
- Unbiased source for technical knowledge
- Deliver problem solving support for growers, sales, brokerage partners, and product managers
- Work with Product Managers on developing technical support materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture and/or Business
- 5+ years growing and/or production experience
- Cultural knowledge of the product line
- Computer literate and proficient
- Organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the year to work in a greenhouse setting and to work on your feet for many hours
- Ability to effectively work in an open, office area to support remote staff as assigned
Dümmen Orange™ has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology, and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange™ offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We follow the CBA and all the regulations described therein.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits to our benefits-eligible employees.
Working conditions include:
- Travel (approximately 25% per year) to greenhouse operations in North American and possible occasional travel to European locations
- Occasional prolonged working on feet in a greenhouse setting
- Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office
- Coordinates work across multiple international and domestic time zones effectively
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of product and miscellaneous supplies
Dümmen Orange™ is worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around $440 million. We have more than 7,700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our success is a broad and deep product range supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
To apply, please submit your full resume/CV AND the completed application form via this link: ADP module
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Kate Santos, National Director via email@example.com, 614-826-3313. You may also contact Christine Herridge, the Human Resources Manager, at Jobs.US@DummenOrange.com
Solicitations by recruiting firms with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.