Customer Service Representative
250 South High Street, Columbus, OH, USA
Dümmen Orange™ is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, potted plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. The Columbus office is selling more than 6000 products, coming from 10+ farms. They’re sold directly to growers or indirectly via brokers and serviced in order handling, product information updates, planning and logistics.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As a Customer Service Representative you will work in close cooperation with our Columbus, Ohio-based Customer Care & Inside Sales team assigned to specific accounts. This full-time, at-will, and nonexempt position reports to the Customer Care & Inside Sales Supervisor.
Your essential functions include:
The CSR’s duties and responsibilities encompass but are not limited to the following key objectives:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and objectives
- Timely and effective communication of issues or changes in order status when necessary
- Effective use of ERP programs and other business systems
- Brand knowledge
- Troubleshooting and resolution capabilities
- Communicating and tracking any IT issues that arise in the process of order entry through the appropriate channels
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service position required
- Horticulture or floriculture experience preferred, but not necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Team player willing to accept new challenges
- Confident with numbers to ensure accuracy of the order entry process
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Computer literate with experience in enterprise order entry and tracking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Dümmen Orange™ has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology, and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange™ offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We follow the CBA and all the regulations described therein.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits to our benefits-eligible employees.
Working conditions include:
- Travel (approximately once per year) to North American locations
- Prolonged sitting at work station in a well-lit open office
- Coordinates work across multiple international and domestic time zones effectively
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds of paper and miscellaneous supplies
Dümmen Orange™ is worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around $440 million. We have more than 7,700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our success is a broad and deep product range supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
To apply, please submit your full resume/CV AND the completed application form via this link: ADP module
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Christine Herridge, Human Resources Manager at Jobs.US@DummenOrange.com
Solicitations by recruiting firms with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.